Monday, July 30, 2012

Low-fat Greek Chicken Salad Recipe

This recipe is my variation on a curry chicken salad recipe (I'll post that eventually, too!) Shawna gave me shortly after I started Weight Watchers. It's super filling and surprisingly low in fat compared to traditional chicken salad.

Low-fat Greek Chicken Salad Recipe



Ingredients:

-3 c. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
-2 c. non-fat Greek yogurt
-1/4 c. low-fat mayo
-3/4 c. non-fat or reduced-fat feta cheese
-1 c. celery, chopped
-1 c. red grapes, halved
-1/2 medium red onion, chopped
-1/4 c. kalamata olives, roughly chopped
-1 c. dry peanuts, crushed (optional)
-1 T. dill weed (I usually add a little extra, too)
-salt and pepper to taste
-serve in whole wheat pita or on crackers



Directions:

1. Cook the chicken (I usually either boil it or have Michael throw it on the grill.  This time, I used some shredded chicken we had frozen.). Shred or chop to your liking.

2. Mix yogurt, mayo, feta, and chicken. Add chopped celery, grapes, onion, olives, and peanuts (if using).

I added the olives last so I could keep some without for my mom


3. Add spices, salt, and pepper. Adjust to taste.

**about 3/4 c. served in whole wheat pita pocket is around 6-7 WW points, depending on type of pita, etc. You can even leave out the 1/4 c. of lite mayo and just add a little red wine vinegar to give it some tang. It's very flavorful and filling enough that it doesn't even need much on the side. I usually just serve it with some of the leftover grapes.


My parents were here visiting and brought some homemade dill bread,
so we made sandwiches with that, too!

printable recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment